Thursday, August 4, 2011

Camp Flu 2011

Fusulinids: those light blue blobs in that rock. They look like rice grains
Apparently blogger doesn't like this photo, because it took me about 20 minutes to upload it. Probably because of how cool it is. Anyways, it's uploaded now, and it's pretty neat.

Today was probably the worst day I've had this whole summer. I woke up around 2am, and had to run for the outhouse. Apparently I've caught the flu that my coworker had a few days ago. It's awful dark at 2am, and puking in an outhouse is the worst place I've ever thrown up in my entire life. I got up for breakfast to tell my boss that there was no way I was going on trav today, and then went back to bed, where I remained all day until about 4pm. This flu is intense. Lots of stomach cramping, just nasty. Ew. I'm feeling better now (and I kept down some crackers at dinner, woo hoo!) but still not really enough to head out on traverse tomorrow. Which works out, because we're having an office day (weather is supposed to be crap all day).

I've been brainstorming something to write about for the Accretionary Wedge #37: Sexy Geology (hosted by Lockwood DeWitt at Outside the Interzone) so that might be a good project for tomorrow (maybe a day off where I get out of bed).

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your post, but first order of business is get better quick! Thanks for shout-out and link.

    ReplyDelete