Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Like, totally pheric man.

Today's trav was a bit ridiculous. We were kind of tidying up a blank spot in the middle of one of the maps (where everyone else has mapped but left a nice blank spot in the middle of some marshes). It was uh...pretty pheric(pronounced fear-ic for my dear Auntie). Oh! So one of my fellow students came up with a new slang term meaning 'awesome'.... we're using 'pheric'. I'm not sure how this started, but it's pretty neat. Hopefully it makes it into most people's vocabulary, but I don't think we're hoping for much.

Yeah. So we had a nice traverse through some marshes and swamps, up some knobs, and through more than enough creeks. And in the creeks. I waterproofed my boots yesterday with Skidmore's waterproofing stuff (on the recommendation of my coworker's professor) and the water just beaded off of them in the swamp this morning. Unfortuantely I then stepped in to a creek this afternoon, right up over my boot, and my clean dry boots are now soaking wet again. I didn't really help the situation after that, because I just started marching through the swampy bits because my boots were wet anyways at that point.

Back at camp, things are good. We've been rotating showers, so two people get to shower a night. It's decent, considering that there are only 5 of us now that two are out on fly camp, so we get a shower almost every other night. Decent!!

I had an office day yesterday, and then we had a rain day the day before, so I don't have any exciting photos or traverse stories. Maybe tomorrow will be exciting. I'm hoping, anyways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment