Monday, August 1, 2011

A Sad Day for the Geological and Flying Community

There was a helicopter accident north of Stewart, BC yesterday that claimed the lives of two geologists and a helicopter pilot. Their names haven't been released yet, but thankfully the UVic student who works at that same camp was not in the accident. The full news story can be found over at the CBC, but they don't have a cause of the crash or anything yet, or names of those killed. This is just such sad news, and I send my sympathies and condolences to the families of these three men and the rest of their crews.

I know it's dangerous out here, but this just really hit home for me, that accidents do happen, and that accidents out in these remote areas don't often end well. It's scary. It won't stop me from going out, but it's something that sits in the back of my mind now.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about this. After the fact, I can only say steel yourself and carry on, but I found it often in the back of my mind, also.

    ReplyDelete